Touche Éclat drugstore dupes.
I returned a bunch of fiddly little things to Sephora that I just couldn’t manage to fall in love with and I came up with enough money to buy the Touche Èclat. It’s packaging is lovely, the consistency is beautiful — it’s just a fantastic product.
Prior to springing for the Touche Èclat, I tried drugstore versions with varying success. The pictures above are the drugstore versions with the Touche Èclat is at the end, the swatches are the same. All of the non-YSL items were purchased at Target for $6-$12 USD apiece.
- L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Highlighter in Fair
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant
- Boots No7 Radiant Glow Concealer in Light
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat in Luminous Radiance
There seems to be a large level of confusion as to whether or not it’s a highlighter or a concealer, and the YSL literature seems to keep referring to it as a “complexion highlighter” which… does not help, YSL. That lack of clarity is shown in the drugstore versions. Two of them call themselves concealers, and all of them also call themselves highlighters. Really, guys, you’re supposed to use the product to highlight! But, er, mostly in the areas where you also need to conceal.
- L’Oreal’s pen is a lovely highlighting pen. The consistency is thin and a little goes a long way. It might be very slightly better suited to warmer skin tones, but I love it and I’m white as a ghost with pink undertones.
- The Maybelline pen is definitely a concealer. A nice peachy concealer with a bit of a highlighting quality, it should cover blue circles under eyes pretty nicely. It’s thick, too. The shade is darker than I would want in a concealer OR a highlighter, though, and it was the lightest shade.
- The Boots No7 pen is my favorite drugstore pen. It’s most expensive of the pens, but it’s the only drugstore pen to have a click bottom. I felt the click bottom pens allowed me more control and dispensed product better than the twist bottom Maybelline and L’Oreal pens. The color was fantastic — a nice highlighter with pinky undertones; the consistency was thin but creamy.
How do they all stack up to the Touche Éclat? Well, the Touche Éclat feels rich. The color, consistency, packaging — everything seemed well made from beginning to end. It’s a fantastic product, but it sure as hell better be for $40, right? The drugstore pens, honestly, will do just fine. Splurge on a Touche Éclat if you want to treat yourself (or you have store credit/a gift card) as it feels luxurious, but any of the other drugstore pens will do the job nearly as well (perhaps better depending on what you are looking for in a highlighting concealer pen).
R U BAE? Join the #BaeWave Enter to win $450 worth of cosmetic goodies!
1.’Follow’ our tumblr —-> http://tumblr.glambot.com/
2.’Reblog’ this post —-> http://tumblr.glambot.com/post/91897915624/r-u-bae-join-the-baewave-enter-to-win-450-worth
~*~*~*~ PRIZE INCLUDES: ~*~*~*~
2 bags, 6 skincare, 4 lipglosses, 1lip liner, 1 sharpener, 3 mascara, 1 large contour brush (all items are upcycled)
Winner will be announced Wednesday July 30th and will have 1 week to claim their prize!
Face brushes: there are thousands of different brushes out there for use with powder, blushes, bronzers, contouring products and highlighters. Obviously you don’t need all of them but each one will produce different results. All the everyday gal really needs is a good powder brush and blush brush, you CAN just get away with a powder brush but a blush brush is great for a perfect application of blush, bronzer and contouring powder.
Mascara wands ~Jinius Beauty ♡~ | MakeUp How To on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/94303218
"You’re the worst friend ever" in a monotone voice
I’m very happy
this video keeps me going“Bucky, r u sleeping?” “…” “Bucky, do you have-” “Shut up, I’ll kill you” “Bucky—”
Funniest video in the world !
I watched this 4 minute video about how reintroducing wolves to Yellowstone park literally changed everything about the park and just sat there for another two minutes, mouth open and teary eyed and amazed. Definitely worth a watch.
the world is awesome.
This made me teary eyed as well. It’s amazing.
I’m someone who has suffered dry lips for as long as I can remember and boy have they gotten bad. Some days I would wake up with dry, cracked, peeling and sometimes even bleeding lips, and no matter how many diet changes I made, how much water I drank nothing really helped, but after my years of beauty blogging I’ve come across a few amazing products and tips to help get rid of dry lips and keep them in tip top condition…
Some of my favourite lip care products which include: *Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm, Manuka Honey, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, *Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid, *Suvana Paw Paw & Honey Balm, *Rosehip Plus Roll On Oil